Sunday, October 24, 2010

Back to School

     The campus is waking back up after a week of Fall Break, it was a great week. Tomorrow we go back to the rhythm of school, classes, Work Study, Chapel and study. I've seen some of my classmates around in the last couple of days. Some who left and came back said they missed being here. We are becoming a community who misses those who leave and welcomes them when they return. It's not the same when we're not all here. This is "home" now to many of us who are here
           I read the newspaper everyday, (except one). I watered our community garden, am back at the gym, traveled to San Antonio, watched Auburn play and win two really exciting games (we're #1 in the BCS!!!) and I made some new friends.
     I did "...learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some. " (Everything I Ever Needed To Know I Learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum).
       It was a nice week and now it is back to school to do what ever is there to do-more papers, more reading, more projects and presentations and more prayers.
     Many prayers for our sister seminary, Virginia Theological Seminary and the loss of their Chapel to a fire. Our Chapel is the spiritual center for our community and I trust it was for theirs. One friend remarked this afternoon, "It is so sad, I don't know what we'd do if Christ Chapel burned." A moment's pause and she said, "Oh, yes I do. We'd pull together and find a place to be together, they will too." Yes, they will; and the communion of saints will be singing, praying, holding them up and holding them together.

Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment