Monday, September 5, 2011

School days, school days...

    School starts tomorrow! It's hard to believe I am beginning my Middler year, but I am! I have an intense year of course work in front of me but the daily schedule is pretty  manageable. My courses are Theology II, Ethics I, Preaching I, Biblical Interpretation for Preaching, Liturgical Music and Poetry of the Hebrew Bible. All pretty meaty and, from what I understand, pretty demanding. The week is balanced, allowing enough time for Work Study and book study.
     My classmates have all returned from summer CPE programs and over this last month I have heard about their experiences as hospital chaplains and shared some of my own. I know that as time goes on, more will be revealed and I will have a deeper understanding of the time I spent as a chaplain.
     I am looking forward to being the Assistant Manager of the Seminary Bookstore this year.  It strikes me as funny, how I have often ended up doing things I thought I was finished with. I guess retail will always be with me. I still enjoy it and it is a part of who I am and what I do.
      Our community is changing once again, new students, families, professors. Lots of new faces and personalities. Let the balancing and adjusting begin!
     I hope to write more on my blog this semester. I enjoy writing it and would like to take more time to do it this year. I will stay in touch and invite you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment