Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow in Austin

     Well, I was wrong, and had I actually put money down on the table, I would have lost it. It's snowing in Austin, Texas.
     It's 4 am and I have been awakened by the quiet. I got out of bed, looked out the window and it's snowing. It's gently falling, I see it  in the light of the street lamps, a soft, white blanket over everything and, it is strangely quiet.
     That's the thing about snow, it is so quiet. When it snows, the world gets quiet and has permission to stop. Our need to go, our rush to be somewhere is no more and there is not much to do but rest in the beauty and the quiet of it.
     The weather says the sun will shine later today and it may melt the snow away. But for now, God has decided it is time to rest.


Be still and know that I am God.
                                            Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment