Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My first paper for seminary is finished...

...complete with footnotes, citations and a Bibliography. Do you know how many years it has been since I wrote a paper with footnotes and a Bibliography? Too many to own up to, sorry. The assignment was write an essay and use the hermeneutical circle to explore and interpret the text from Ezra1:1-4. Sounds simple and quick doesn't it? Well, it probably will be in 6 months. Right now it is a challenge to stay focused on the questions asked, to understand them and answer them.
The good news is the first paper is done and will be handed in tomorrow, then it is on to the next one. The next one is a short paper as a writing sample. I am looking forward to doing it and getting it back because it's purpose is to measure our writing ability and that is one of the skills I want to develop. I want to be a good communicator of the written word and want writing to be easier and more free flowing.
This blog has been lots of fun and good practice for my writing. I really enjoy writing this and coming up with catchy headers and creative topics that will let you all know what and how I am doing. I hope you will send me your ideas or questions about what you want to know as it will be more fun to respond to you.

"Guide us waking, O Lord and guard us sleeping; that awake we may watch with Christ and asleep we may rest in peace. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia.  BCP p.134

No comments:

Post a Comment