Saturday, October 16, 2010

WHEW!

     I made it! My Fall Break started yesterday at 3 pm. This is what my week before break looked like-Midterm in Liturgy I, a reflection paper for Spiritual Formation, a paper for Text & Context about story and listening, a paper for Bible and Hermeneutics AND (almost) all the required reading for every class. I have not been in the classroom for a very long time and I can say I spent the first 6 weeks figuring out what it takes to be a student. I don't have it all figured out but I have a better idea of what it looks like.  By the way, it looks like lots of books, at least 2 yellow highlighters close at hand, time in library and later nights than I am used to.
     Yesterday, as the mid-term exam was being handed out, I announced "This is a milestone, folks! We made it and we are all still standing!" I don't know about my classmates but I can say, I feel like I have accomplished something. I went to every class, I went to Morning Prayer, Eucharist or Evening Prayer every day and I did all the reading I could possible do. I now know that I can not do it all, even if I want to but I do have to give it my best committed effort. Grace abounds in this place.
     Fall Break is welcomed with open arms. I am going to rest, paint my bathroom, play and read the newspaper-everyday. I have not read a paper, including the Sunday paper, since I started school. Who would have thought reading the paper would be a luxury?
     I am  going to take a couple of trips to San Antonio to visit St Mark's in downtown San Antonio. (San Antonio is about 1 hour 15 min. each way. I will need to think about travel time as I consider it for my Field Education). St Mark's looks like a fascinating community to me, they are doing many things that excite me, particulary The Workshop. One of my professors, The Rev. Dr. Jane Patterson is a Co-Director of The Workshop (http://www.theworkshop-sa.org)%20and/ has graciously opened a couple of her activities to me, I'm excited about the visit.
     I haven't had the energy to post in the last couple of weeks and I've missed it. I'll have some time to catch up on my posts this week, there is much I want to share with you.
     Until then, "O God of peace, who hast taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved, in quietness and in confidence shall be our strength: By the might of thy Spirit lift us, we pray thee, to thy presence, where we may be still and know that thou art God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen" BCP 832

In gratitude for all that was, all that is and all that is to come,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment